The Clarendon College Lady Bulldogs and Bulldogs travelled to Frank Phillips College in Borger Monday night and both brought home wins.
The Lady Bulldogs came out on top with a final score of 97-74.
Leading scorers for CC were sophomores Jessica Williams with 20 points and Alex Stice with 17 points and 9 rebounds, 3 of 4 from the 3, and 6 of 8 from the free throw line. Freshman Brandi Leal had 14 points and 10 rebounds and freshman Liz Angong had 13 points, 4 steals, and was 6 of 7 from the field.
“This was a great win for us!” CC head coach Brad Vanden Boogaard said. “The girls have been going really hard in practice and I feel like we are getting better every day.”
The Bulldogs beat the Plainsmen with a final score of 103-98.
CC’s leading scorers were sophomore Keon Littleton with 32 points and 9 rebounds; sophomore Jerard Graham with 11 points; freshman Julius Foster with 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists; and freshman Hershell Grant with 23 points and 9 rebounds.
“We have been playing well enough to win this last month so we are extremely pleased to get a big one on the road,” Bulldog head coach Tony Starnes said. “We had big games from several individuals but as a team everyone chipped in and made contributions.”
The Bulldogs faced off against the South Plains College Texans in an intense game Thursday night that ended in double overtime and the Bulldogs coming up one point short in the final seconds to end the game at 84-83.
The leading scorers for Clarendon were sophomore Keon Littleton from Desoto, TX, with 19 points and 8 rebounds; freshman Julius Foster from Dallas, TX, with 18 points and 8 rebounds; and freshman Hershell Grant from Washington, D.C., with 16 points and 8 rebounds.
The leading scorers for South Plains College were 6’1” Yanick Moreira with 22 points and 18 rebounds and 6’9” Ryan Martin with 18 points and 19 rebounds.
“The kids played their hearts out and I am very proud of them,” Coach Tony Starnes said.
The Bulldogs travelled to Frank Phillips College in Borger Monday, February 4, and return home against Howard on Thursday, February 7, at 7:45 p.m. in Bulldog Gym.
The Clarendon College Bulldogs and Lady Bulldogs will play two games at home this next week.
On Thursday, February 7, Howard College will be in the Dawg House with the women facing off at 5:45 p.m. followed by the men at 7:45 p.m.
On Monday, February 11, CC will take on Western Texas College in the Dawg House. Again, the women start play at 5:45 p.m. followed by the men at 7:45 p.m. This game will be “Cancer Awareness Night” and the Dawg House. Fans are encouraged to wear pink and donations to benefit Harrington Cancer Foundation will be accepted during the game.
The community is invited to come out and support the Bulldogs and Lady Bulldogs.
The Clarendon College Lady Bulldogs took on the Lady Texans of South Plains College at home Thursday night and fell 84-60.
#24 Cory Minjarez, a sophomore from El Paso, TX, led the Lady Bulldogs with 15 points going 7 for 10 from the free throw line, and also had 4 steals.
#15 Brandi Leal, a freshman from Amarillo, TX, had 11 points and led CC with 8 rebounds.
#12 Jessica Williams, a sophomore from Amarillo, TX, had 10 points and 6 rebounds and had a solid night.
The Lady Bulldogs shot 6 for 36 from behind the arc. CC forced 25 turnovers (17 in the second half) and pulled down 18 offensive rebounds.
The Lady Bulldogs travelled to Frank Phillips College in Borger Monday, February 4, and will return home against Howard on Thursday, February 7, at 5:45 p.m. in Bulldog Gym.
Induction ceremonies for new members of the Iota Phi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society will be held Sunday, February 10, 2013, in the Bairfield Activity Center at Clarendon College.
The community is invited to attend, and a reception will be held immediately following the ceremony.
- CC Meats team wins Southwestern contest - Posted: 2/7/2013
- February 11 "Cancer Awareness Night" at Dawg House - Posted: 2/7/2013
- PTK induction to be held February 10 - Posted: 2/7/2013
- Basketball teams to play two home games this week - Posted: 2/7/2013
- Lady Bulldogs take on South Plains, fall 84-60 - Posted: 2/7/2013
- Bulldogs come up short against SPC in double overtime - Posted: 2/7/2013
- CC takes bite out of Frank Phillips - Posted: 2/7/2013
- The Dawg House - the toughest place to place in junior college - Posted: 10/22/2012
- Ken King to speak at Clarendon College - Posted: 9/10/2012
- Clarendon College volleyball eyeing spot in top 20 - Posted: 9/13/2012
- CC to hold summer commencement Aug. 17 - Posted: 8/10/2012
- Twenty graduates participate in Summer 2012 Commencement - Posted: 8/21/2012
- Volleyball opens season on the road - Posted: 8/24/2012
- Incoming freshman Kneeshaw finishes second at Northern Golf Masters - Posted: 8/24/2012
- Clarendon College announces hiring of new baseball head coach - Posted: 7/3/2012
- Robert Keith signs with Clarendon College golf team - Posted: 7/3/2012
- Raquel Hawkins named Clarendon College softball head coach - Posted: 7/3/2012
- Clarendon College to conduct 'Baseball Showcase' July 11 - Posted: 7/3/2012
- Alex Howe named to NJCAA Baseball All-American team - Posted: 7/3/2012
- Virtual Bookstore open for business - Posted: 7/30/2012