Distinguished Alumnus Award Nomination Guidelines
Each year, one or more Clarendon College Alumni will be selected to receive this prestigious award. The purpose of this award is to honor an alumnus who has distinguished themselves in one or more of the following areas:
• Professional and personal achievement: exemplary leadership and accomplishment
within their chosen profession and personal life.
• Academic Achievement through life long learning and/or outstanding contributions
towards enhancing their profession.
• Public Service Achievements through exemplary community and public service
endeavors, which bring credit to their community, Clarendon College and/or Alumni
Association and their profession.
To qualify for this award, nominees must have completed one class at Clarendon College and are in good standing with the College.
The Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award will be presented at the Clarendon College Annual Ex-Students Reunion.
Guidelines for nomination for the Distinguished Alumnus Award:
• Provide brief answers (150 words or less) to each of the following questions:
1. In what way is the nominee's achievements exceptional?
2. What is the prominence of the nominee is his/her field?
3. How has the nominee contributed to society and/or served the community or
made contributions to the Clarendon College Alumni Association?
4. In what ways can the nominee be considered inspirational to students?
• Attach a minimum of two letters of reference in support of this nominee.
All submissions will be kept confidential, and will remain nominated for a total of three (3) years.
Submit nomination materials to:
Clarendon College Alumni Association, P.O. Box 968, Clarendon, TX 79226
Distinguished Alumnus Award Recipients
2005 - Dean R.E. Drennan,
J. Royce Lummus,Roger Estlack
Broadus A. Spivey, Hazel Brandon
2007 - Dean Hawkins, Allen Homer Estlack, Jr.
2009 - Jewel Austin Houston, Jimmy V. Carter
2010 - Leon "Bud" Schaffer, Dr. Keith "Buddy" Hudson, Carl Irlbeck